Saturday, October 21, 2006

LESSON 005 FAMILY

I have had some more of the jMemorize flash card lessons checked for mistakes, so here is the next lesson about the family. The jMemorize file is HERE.

LESSON 005 FAMILY

Who is in your family? = ni3 jia1 you3 shen2 me ren2
My family has dad, mum, older brother, younger sister and me. = wo3 jia1 you3 ba4 ba ma1 ma ge1 ge mei4 mei he2 wo3
My family has dad, mum, older sister, younger brother, two younger sisters and me. = wo3 jia1 you3 ba4 ba ma1 ma jie3 jie di4 di liang3 ge mei4 mei he2 wo3
Guess! = cai1 yi cai1
Wrong! = bu2 dui4
This is my family. = zhe4 shi4 wo3 jia1 ren2
This is my father. = zhe4 shi4 wo3 ba4 ba
This is my mother. = zhe4 shi4 wo3 ma1 ma
Do you have any younger sisters? = ni3 you3 mei4 mei ma
Do you have any younger brothers? = ni3 you3 di4 di ma
I don't have any older brothers. = wo3 mei2 you3 ge1 ge
I have an older sister. = wo3 you3 jie3 jie.
How many people in your family? = ni3 jia1 you3 ji3 ge ren2
There are five people in my family. = wo3 jia1 you3 wu3 ge ren2

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello John, I've added your flashcards side to the jMemorize Wiki at http://wiki.jmemorize.org/Lessons . Thanks for your ongoing support for jMemorize :-)

Cheers,
Riad

8:21 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hi riad,
I'm sorry I've been a bit slow to reply but I've had some computer troubles.

Thanks for adding my lessons to your site. I'll be adding more after I get back from Taiwan in about a month and a half.

It's a great program you have developed, and it has become at the core of my Chinese language studies.

12:01 PM  
Blogger John said...

I have corrected a mistake in this lesson. I had family listed as jia1 when it should have been jia1 ren2.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home