Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lesson 008 Long and short

Here is number 8 of my Flashcard Lessons.

I did find one mistake in this lesson. In the sentence "ta1 de gou3 bu2 ke3 ai4", "His/her dog is not cute.", I had left the 4th tone off ai4. I have updated this in the jMemorize file.

Lesson 008 Long and short

Short - duan3

Long - chang2

Tail - wei3 ba

The rabbits ears are very long. - tu4 zi de er3 duo hen3 chang2

My dog's nose is very short. - wo3 de gou3 de bi2 zi hen3 duan3

It's tail is very short. - ta1 de wei3 ba hen3 duan3.

It's tail is very long. - ta1 de wei3 ba hen3 chang2

lovely/cute - ke3 ai4

This is my cat, he/she is very cute. - zhe4 shi4 wo3 de mao1, ta1 shi4 hen3 ke3 ai4.

My rabbit is very cute. - wo3 de tu4 zi hen3 ke3 ai4

His/her dog is not cute. - ta1 de gou3 bu4 ke3 ai4

Look! - kan4

He/she/it looks very good. - ta1 hen3 hao3 kan4

He/she/it doesn't look good. - ta1 bu4 hao3 kan4

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello John,

this is Riad Djemili, the creator of jMemorize. I noticed that you've been using jMemorize for quite some time now and I just wanted to ask you what features you're missing most in jMemorize. I guess that there are special requirements that a student of an Asian language might have and I'm very interested in your experience so far.

Sorry, for using this post for my question. I couldn't find your E-Mail on the site. Please reply to me directly to my email: jmemorize at riad dot de.

Thanks.

5:32 AM  
Blogger John said...

I fixed a couple of tone mistakes on bu4 in this lesson.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home