Friday, December 15, 2006

What I've been doing

I haven't returned to Taiwan. If this post seems confusing then read the previous post.

I've been roaming the streets of Banchiao tonight photographing any sign's I think it would be good to be able to read next time I come here. I found a few good ones that I will post on here when I get back to Australia. Some I found were Barber, Convenience Store, Tea House, Hospital, Chemist and Beetle Nut Shop.

The last took me a while to work out what they were. I kept seeing these green fluorescent tubes spaced in the shape of a fan everywhere I went and eventually it got the better of me and I had to go and have a closer look at one, only to find it was a Beetle Nut Shop.

The only other exciting thing I have done since my last post was go to the tallest building in the world "Taipei 101". It is actually very difficult to take a photo that shows just how much this building dominates the city sky line, but I did buy a postcard that has a picture taken from the air that shows it very well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi John,
Can you recommend Singapore as a worthwhile stopover for a European on a trip to that part of the world? How would it rate compared to other destinations in or around China, like Hong Kong for example?

10:04 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Brendan,
I do like Singapore, but only for a short stay. If it is culture you are looking for then Singapore is probably the worst place to go in Asia. It is a good place for a holiday though, lots of touristy things to do.

Also as it sits almost on top of the equator it can get very hot and humid.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home