Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dragon Festival

I'm back! Due to events beyond my control I had to prioritize a bit and learning Chinese had to move down the priority list for the last few months. But now I'm ready to get back into it again. Unfortunately the first thing I need to do now is go through all my past flashcards again because every single one of them has expired. Hopefully that wont take me too long though.

I haven't been completely cut off from Chinese over the last few months. I've still been listening to ChinesePod in the car on the way to work, and I've been keeping up with all the Chinese blogs that I subscribe to. I was listening to the ChinesePod Saturday Show as well until it ended a couple of weeks ago.

On another subject yesterday was the Dragon Festival which happens on the 5th day of the 5th month of the Chinese Lunar Calender. The traditional food of the Dragon Festival is the Zongzi. There are a few types of Zongzi but my favorite is a mixture of glutinous rice, pork, mushroom, dried prawns, dried white radish, chestnut and various flavorings, all wrapped in bamboo leaves and steamed. Very very nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does this festival is called "dragon boat festival", and not a translation to the chinese name?
I've asked the question on the Chinese forum, but no one answered...

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home