Sunday, March 04, 2007

Happy Lantern Festival

Today is the Lantern Festival which marks the end of the Chinese New Year period. Here are some video's I found on YouTube showing some of the celebrations around Taiwan.

The first one shows the main lantern in Chiai.



Next is a short movie showing the various lanterns in Taichung.



And finally is the activation of the main lantern in Taipei.



It is the tradition today to eat rice balls filled with different sweet fillings like red bean or peanut paste (yum!). So I'm off to a Chinese grocer to buy some.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the rice balls delicious??I hope they are...
On the Lantern Festival,I'm always happy because I can see lots of beautifal lanterns and eat rice balls.So I hope you also have a great day.Happy Lantern Festival~

5:28 PM  
Blogger John said...

They were very delicious...

I liked your video, it makes me wish I was was back there now to see the Lantern Festival.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home