Sunday, February 12, 2006

Chinese Lantern Festival

Today is the Chinese Lantern Festival which marks the end of the Chinese New Year period. From what I have seen on the net it looks like Snoopy has been adopted as the symbol for the year of the dog.

I wish I could see the lantern display in the Chiang Kaishek Memorial in Taipei this year. It is always a good evening out. I haven't even been able to see any pictures of it on the net, though I guess it's a bit early I should try looking tomorrow. The official symbol this year is a little boy and his dog "wang wang". Wang meaning future prosperity in chinese. Also dogs in Taiwan don't go Woof Woof, they go Wang Wang.

It is also traditional to eat rice balls filled with sweet sauces like, mung bean sauce, peanut sauce and red bean sauce. This I will do tonight. Yummmm

In fact I think I will go and do that now.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home