Monday, January 29, 2007

One Year of study

One year ago on the 29th of January it was Chinese New Year, which was the day I chose to start bloging and seriously studying the Chinese language. I did know a little Chinese before that, but it was very minimal and mainly consisted of saying "Hello" and "How much does this cost?". I wouldn't have even been able to understand the answer to that question anyway.

So where am I after a year?

Actually not as far down the road to speaking Chinese as I would have thought at the beginning of the year. I would still consider that I have a way to go yet before I would call myself anything except a beginner. The biggest problem I have is finding the time I need. But still on the bright side I have learnt a lot and I still have a lot of enthusiasm for the task ahead.

I have been building a new and improved website recently, and had wanted to have it up by today. Unfortunately it is not quite ready yet, but should be very soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger aljensen said...

Cool site!!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home